Feeding Tips: Bute
NOTE: As of 1st July 2021- AbButazone is no longer in production - Product is discontinued - No longer available for sale.
It is not uncommon to face issues when administering Bute to a horse. Our customers have many tried and tested methods to take the stress out of your horse’s Bute treatment regime:
- Add Bute to a ‘horse sandwich’ – add peanut butter, marmite or apple sauce to a piece of bread and spread the granules of the moist surface.
- Mix Bute with a small amount of sugar beet and hand feet. The small amount of feed means you can be confident most of the Bute is consumer, rather than spreading it through a large amount of feed.
- Core an apple and fill it with a mix of apple sauce and Bute.
- Mash a banana and mix the mash with Bute.
- Mix Bute with water, add the mixture to a large syringe and administer via mouth (the same way you would administer a wormer).
The content of this article should not be considered, or used as a substitute for, veterinary medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.
Did you find it helpful? Yes No NOTE: As of 1st July 2021- AbButazone is no longer in production - Product is discontinued - No longer available for sale.